INDIANAPOLIS – The MSD of Lawrence Township is pleased to announce that an agreement between Lawrence Township Schools and the Lawrence Education Association (LEA) for the 2021-2022 school year was approved by the Board of Education on November 8, 2021.
Highlights of the agreement include:
- New hires will receive a 5.5% increase to all salary amounts.
- All eligible teachers (rated effective or highly effective) are eligible for a 5.5% base salary increase.
- Retention Reward
- Base salary increase of 1% for all teachers serving the district for five or more years.
- One percent stipend to teachers serving the district for five or more years.
- If the cash balance for the district on December 31, 2021 exceeds $13M, teachers hired on or before after November 1 will receive a one-time $250 stipend.
- Ancillary compensation for classroom coverage effective November 1 for the remainder of the 2021-2022 school year.
According to superintendent, Dr. Shawn A. Smith, “We are pleased to be able to provide these well-deserved raises to district teachers. The hard work they do every day impacts our students’ futures.” He adds, “We are grateful to our legislators for prioritizing education and competitive wages for teachers and look forward to continued collaboration on behalf of students.”
Click here to read the full agreement.
Media Inquiries should be directed to Director of Communications, Dr. Dana Altemeyer at email@example.com or 317-423-8375.