The health of your child is important to us. The MSD of Lawrence Township recognizes that good health is essential to effective learning. Each of our schools is staffed with a registered nurse equipped to meet the needs of our students.
The Shared System is an interlibrary collaboration between The Indianapolis Public Library, 59 schools, and five special libraries. The System allows members and students to use their IndyPL Library cards to borrow materials from their own library, other Shared System libraries, as well as IndyPL's collection.
PFO stands for Parent, Faculty Organization. Every parent at Mary Castle is automatically a member of our Mary Castle PFO. All parents are encouraged to participate in school activities, including PFO meetings, activities and events. The PFO focuses on enhancing the educational opportunities of all students by encouraging participation and cooperation between parents and school staff. Parent volunteers play an important part in our school environment.
Click here to purchase Mary Castle spirit wear through the PFO.
Goals of the Mary Castle PFO
- To foster closer relationships between the home and the school,
- To support our teachers and children by raising funds to provide additional equipment, materials and programs to enhance our children’s educational experience,
- To promoting parent-teacher cooperation and encourage parent and community participation in school activities and programs,
- To improve communication by informing and involving parents regarding the educational programs at Mary Castle Elementary School and Lawrence Township,
- To build school community.
There are a variety of volunteer positions available with a wide range of responsibilities. Get involved from the start and help Mary Castle continue to be a great elementary school!
If you would like to learn more about Mary Castle PFO or how you can get involved, please contact the school or one of the current Board members (below). Miss a meeting?
Research has shown that when parents are involved in their child's education, the child is more successful in school. Mary Castle’s PFO meetings are a great way to keep informed and become involved in your child's education. During our meetings, our principal gives us an update on the happenings at Mary Castle and in the school district. We discuss current Mary Castle PFO activities that are pertinent to parents and teachers. Our meetings are an open forum where we share ideas, concerns, and excitement about our school. We invite you to learn more and get involved at Mary Castle.
PFO Board meetings are the 1st Thursday of every month (except December) in the Exploration of World Language Room, A115, at 5:30pm. We will have Parent Engagement Nights (P.E.N) on September 29th and February 23rd. P.E.N is for all parents and childcare is always provided for children 3 years old and older.
Projects we support
- Arts and Education Night
- Clinic Supplies
- Field Day
- MEC Student Council
- Lawrence Township School Council
- Lawrence Township School Foundation
- Playground Supplies
- Room Parent Coordination
- School Improvements
- Special Area Teachers: Art, Library, Music and Physical Education
- Teacher Allotments
- Teacher Appreciation/Teacher Year End Luncheon
- Dine to Donate (Restaurant Nights)
- Globe Trotter Fest
- Fun Friday (Grades 5 & 6)
- Movie Nights (Grades 1 - 4)
- Global Games
- AND MUCH MORE!
*Thank you for supporting the PFO. Your donations help enrich your child’s education.
- Black Student Family Alliance (BSFA) meets the second Wednesday of each month at 4 PM in person and via Zoom.
- Familias Sin Fronteras (FSF), "Families Without Borders" meets the second Tuesday of each month at 5 PM in person and via Zoom.
- Dad's Club meets as needed.
2023-2024 Executive Board
PFO President: Sarah Shetterley
Vice President: Courtney Day
Treasurer: Ramla Hampton
Recording Secretary: Kerri Wellman
Communications Coordinator: Jodi Breece
Support Education with Silent Fundraisers
You can help Mary Castle while you shop at Kroger. Simply purchase a “Kroger Cares” card for $10 (its initial value is $10) from the school and you can re-load the card with funds. 3% of all of the money that you spend comes back as cash for the school. Please contact a Board member for information about how to purchase a card.
Labels for Education
Campbell's offers the opportunity to earn educational equipment through its Labels for Education program. Any Campbell's Label is worth 1 or 5 credits toward catalog purchases. Campbell's has changed the look of the logo, but the new and previous logos will still be accepted.
Remember to purchase an "Education" license plate next time you renew. The BMV will remit $25 of the fee directly to the Lawrence Township School Foundation.
Bring all your old newspapers, magazines, junk mail, school papers etc.. to the green recycle bin in the parking lot.
Target Merchant Rewards Program
Target donates an amount equal to 1% of Target Visa and Target Card purchases made at Target and Target.com. Target donates ½% of aTarget Visa purchases made elsewhere. We earn cash for this program. Mary Castle’s Target school ID #49785. Signup for your card online at www.target.com/tcoe.
Thank you for supporting the PFO. Your donations of time, talent and/or treasure help enrich your children’s education.
Stay Connected with ParentSquare
MSD of Lawrence Township uses ParentSquare for school communication, primarily with email, text and app notifications. ParentSquare automatically generates an account for each parent, using their preferred email address and phone number. We encourage parents to access their accounts so they can download the mobile app and update their preferences on when and how they are notified.
We promise to only send you information closely related to school. You can opt-out at anytime. Contact your child's school for more information about opting-out from our communications.
All visitors to school buildings are required to complete a SafeSolutions background check upon entry.
- All visitors must report to the school office to provide identification, sign in, and receive a visitor’s badge before entering the school.
- Visitors should not park in the bus lanes. Visitors are welcome for lunch, but a reservation must be made by 9 a.m. on the morning of the visit.
- Although classroom visits are encouraged, mutually agreed upon times must be coordinated between the teacher and the visitor.
- Volunteers should not use the visit as a time to meet or talk with the teacher about a student’s progress. The teacher must keep his/her attention focused on the entire class. Appointments should be scheduled for family / teacher conferences.
- Volunteers are welcomed and appreciated. A wide variety of opportunities are available at your child’s school. Please check with your child’s school or teacher to learn more about the volunteering opportunities.
- Volunteers are at school to complete a certain task within a predetermined time limit. Volunteers must only participate in what was arranged with the teacher or school.
- Volunteers who work with students will be required to complete and have an approved criminal history background check prior to working in the school.
Volunteer forms are accessible by clicking the links MSDLT Volunteer Forms in the Quick Links to the right.
*A NEW Volunteer from will need to be completed EVERY Year
If you have questions, please contact your child's school.